Planning for Incapacity

Planning for IncapacityThere are two legal documents that should be part of any family's estate plan, in addition to a Will or Living Trust.

An Advance Health Care Directive appoints someone to make medical decisions for you if you become incapacitated. It also tells doctors what kind of medical care you do, or don't, want at the end of your life.

A Durable Power of Attorney for Property Management appoints someone to manage your finances for you if you become incapacitated.

Both are part of the estate plans that we create at Liza Hanks.